+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How do you let your customer know that the order is scheduled & proof to follow?

Intermediate Participant awardsguy's Avatar

Default How do you let your customer know that the order is scheduled & proof to follow?

Hello Everyone! I've tried many different wordings of the order acknowledgement email that Order Manager send out after an order is entered. I let them know that a proof is to follow...but 10 times a day I get an email asking if we'll send a proof before production. It wastes both my customer's time and my time (although the extra "touch" may be a positive...but I'm not sure).

The current wording is: Order has been acknowledged - PROOF IS TO FOLLOW

I have asked a few customers (that have asked if a proof will come before the order is produced) how to word it so that they know that their Order has been acknowledged - PROOF IS TO FOLLOW.
    They then apologize for not reading it and offer no suggestions as to how to improve the notice. Some customers won't even answer that question (probably because they're embarrassed...hopefully not because they're offended). I may have hurt some feelings (not my intention) by asking, but I really do want to know how to improve the experience for both my customers and me.

How do you handle it? This isn't meant to be a rant (maybe it does help some though) but a quest for information.

On a related topic, have any of you found a way to let folks know that the order acknowledgement is not a proof and that yes, the fonts will be different, center justified, etc. and that they'll see a real layout before the order is produced? I get just as many questions about that. I'm looking for time savers.

Thanks,
    Steve

Smile Re: How do you let your customer know that the order is scheduled & proof to follow?

Hi Steve,

Seems the problem is global, we send out order completion messages which are often early and get so many calls asking if that means they can collect the product? Sorry to be synical, however to some people it does not matter what you put on the documents, they won't read it anyhow.

Beginniner Participant Bob Thompson's Avatar

Default Re: How do you let your customer know that the order is scheduled & proof to follow?

Speaking of which -- we have all prepared proofs that were approved by the customer. Then when they pick up their order we hear the comment "This is wrong." And that is because they only checked the spelling of a particular name or date or didn't even bother to read it because "you guys always do such a good job." Dealing with the public is never a bullet proof process.

+ Reply to Thread