+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Showroom Pricing

nielsnorby

Default Showroom Pricing

For those of you that did not attend the ARA Trade show. A simple new feature was added to your shopping cart website for you to use.
    • Problem - As Prices change, you have to go and reprice all your labels out front with correct pricing
    • Solution - Created a web page that you can go to, (or setup a touchscreen or use a IPAD) and enter a product number to see the current prices and additional sizes and information of a product. So now you simply affix a label to the product with the product number to input. ( product number must be a product on your website )

To see what I am talking about, goto your website and add /showroom on the end.
    i.e. your-domain/showroom

Pretty cool little feature. Along with a host of others that are coming soon

Intermediate Participant

Default Re: Showroom Pricing

I was wondering what I had missed out on. That search seems redundant to the search that is already available in ShopKart, but I definitely like the simplicity of that page for the customer and staff. It allows you to get right down to business.
    David Takes
    Expressions Engraved, Inc.
    St. Joseph, MO
    www.expressionsengraved.com

nielsnorby

The showroom page is intended to be used in your showroom. It gives you the option to just place a product # on a showroom sample. This way if a price is updated, you do not need to update the label on your piece. I have put a touchscreen in my showroom, so when I need to find a price of a product, I simply enter the product # to bring up the info about a piece. I have found that at times people want to know what the price is for multiple pieces and also if other sizes are available and such. Most of the items we offer in our industry are difficult to simply put a price onto a piece, so why not a product # and then a IPAD or computer, or a touchscreen to bring up all the info?

Intermediate Participant

I have ALWAYS struggled not only to keep my showroom product pricing current, but to get it all priced period. Fortunately, I have most of my prices memorized, so have had no problem quoting customers. Employees would not be in that same boat, so I like the concept you have presented here, especially with the use of an Ipad-type device. I have customer computer at my service counter, but the mobility of a hand-held device sounds more appealing.
    Last edited by datakes; 03-01-2011 at 07:10 AM.
    David Takes
    St. Joseph, MO

nielsnorby

As I am going through putting product # on my acrylic pieces and removing old price tags from a couple years ago. I can see I have been losing money on orders placed in my showroom. Now my prices will always be up to date!

Intermediate Participant

Quote Originally Posted by nielsnorby View Post
    Now my prices will always be up to date!
    That is my favorite part. I am definitely going to go that route.
    David Takes
    St. Joseph, MO

Intermediate Participant Big Sky Awards's Avatar

"I have customer computer at my service counter, but the mobility of a hand-held device sounds more appealing." and watch that mobile hand held walk out the door 8<}
    Friends care about what friends care about

Intermediate Participant

It will contain an internal explosive mechanism that will detonate if it leaves the store.
    David Takes
    St. Joseph, MO

Beginniner Participant rcbawards's Avatar

I like the idea of using an Ipad with the shopkart website in the showroom. It greatly expands what customers can see and buy in a very easy way. It would be even better if we could add BizWizard software to the Ipad. Any idea if that is possible, or is the Ipad solely for use by its intended target market (email/internet/streaming movies) and downloaded apps from the Apple AppStore? We frequently get multiples of customers in the showroom and the counter computer is tied up and we need to enter orders from a corner of the showroom. An Ipad would be nicer than a laptop and easier to use.

Curt
    RCB

NetSoft Studio Team M. David Matney's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rcbawards View Post
    I like the idea of using an Ipad with the shopkart website in the showroom. It greatly expands what customers can see and buy in a very easy way. It would be even better if we could add BizWizard software to the Ipad. Any idea if that is possible, or is the Ipad solely for use by its intended target market (email/internet/streaming movies) and downloaded apps from the Apple AppStore? We frequently get multiples of customers in the showroom and the counter computer is tied up and we need to enter orders from a corner of the showroom. An Ipad would be nicer than a laptop and easier to use.
    The development language for iPad and it's ability to interface with the database architecture of Order Manager is not there. Maybe one day Microsoft will integrate a little better with not only iPad but also Apple computers, but at this time, they have chosen not to integrate and that causes limitations of using the iPad as a device for any application developed using non-apple based architecture.

Aside from the development limitation, even if it was possible, the amount of time to enter an order via an iPad vs. a real keyboard would be 5 times slower. Whereas it seems "cool" to be able to enter an order via an iPad, I think in Practice if you actually did it, you would quickly decide against it.

Have you considered more than one station for point of sale? Many high traffic stores have more than one. Imagine a Grocery store with only one cash register. It would make things very slow. If your customer traffic warrants multiple stations, maybe consider adding 2-3 more points of sale in your showroom?
    Best Regards
    M. David Matney
    Chief Developer
    NetSoft Studio
    http://www.NetSoftStudio.com

+ Reply to Thread